Wednesday 21 March 2012

Susan Boyle


My mom LOVED the movie "Mamma Mia!" (the one with Pierce Brosnan and Meryl Streep).


So Christmas time rolls around and my thoughtful sister decides to pick up the Mamma Mia soundtrack for our mother dearest. You must understand that no matter how apathetic my mom can be about gifts, my sister still believes she can elicit that "freak out" reaction we only ever see on TV.

My mom calmly opens up the present and the following conversation ensues:

Mom: Mamma Mia? Why didn't you get me Susan Boyle?

Sister: What?! You don't like it???

Mom: No. I like Susan Boyle.

Sister: But I thought you liked the movie?

Mom: I liked the MOVIE, but I didn't like the singing.

Sister: But...... it's a musical................

Mom: .... I hate that Pierce Brosnan

No comments:

Post a Comment