Friday 20 April 2012

Text Mark

I don't live at home anymore, so my mom actually LIKES spending time with me and "fisiting". Quite often she'll call me and invite me over for dinner with the promise of "yummy stir fry", "salmon", or "roass". More often than not, I am happy to take her up on a free meal, but sometimes a gal just needs to relax at home. Whenever my mom detects an ounce of reluctance in my voice, she urges me to consult my lesser-half, Mark. She has learnt that Mark is a bit more enthusiastic about a free meal because he does all the cooking around our house. My mom pulls out all the stops to convince us to come over; she is a persistent lady.

Today my mom calls me to invite us over for dinner:

Mom: So you're coming over for dinner tonight, right?

Me: Who says?

Mom: Me says.

Me: Well I'm feeling a little bit lazy and I would just like to relax at home and get a good night's sleep.

Mom: You can sleep tomorrow.

Me: No, mom. I think I'm getting sick.

Mom: Since when?

Me: What, you don't believe me?

Mom: You are fine.

Me: No I just want an evening at home for once this week.

Mom: Well what did you do yesterday?

Me: I had to go to this stupid awards gala.

Mom: You won a reward?

Me: No. I didn't win a REWARD.

Mom: Mark won a award?

Me: No. There were a lot of people there who didn't go to receive an award. There were only like 5 awards.

Mom: Was it for your P.Eng?

Me: No.

Mom: Then why would you go?

Me: It was with Mark's work people! Can't we just go to a gala without a reason???

Mom: As' Marky if he wants dinner. I bet he'll say yes.

Me: No.

Mom: Tex' him. I bet you a chocolate bar he say yes!

Me: No! I bet that chocolate bar has been under the couch for 10 years.

Mom: No. It's on the kitchen counter. Tex' him!

Me: NO!

Mom: TEX' HIM!

Me: NOOO!

Mom: I dare you texing him.



POST UPDATE!

My mom e-mails me. Notice the subject line:



No comments:

Post a Comment