Wednesday 9 May 2012

Are You...?

This story is ripped straight from the history books of yours truly. In the not-so distant past, I used to have REALLY REALLY bad skin. Imagine the most horrific thing you've ever seen, then  put eyes on it, and that's what my face used to look like. Many people who didn't know me back then don't believe that it was as bad as I describe, but I can assure you it was bad. I was like a teenage mutant ninja turtle, only minus the turtle and the ninja. Needless to say, I didn't exactly have boys banging down the door to my boudoir.

Anywho, I decided to take the oriental approach to adolescence, and focus more on my studies than boys. You would think that my little asian mother would be thrilled to have a daughter more preoccupied with calculus than dating, but apparently that was not the case.

Remember the post about asian moms not doing so well on topics which are "sexual" in nature? Well, I guess my mom was concerned about the lack of boys calling the house, so she decided to breach the subject the best way she knew how.

Mom: Erin. There are no boys calling the house.

Me: Yes. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Mom: ARE YOU A LESBIAN?????

Aaaah yes. The rational conclusion any caring mother would draw. A part of me wishes I'd answered "yes". I'm sure that would have made a much better post.


No comments:

Post a Comment